Walking around most Arizona neighborhoods, it is no surprise that metal roofs are increasing in popularity. Stylish looks and eco-friendly composition make metal roofs an attractive option when choosing to install a new roof. If you are considering investing in a new roof for your home or building a new home in the East Valley, understanding your material options is essential.
Did you know metal roofs have different styles?
Metal can be transformed into many shapes, sizes, colors, and textures to best suit your taste. With the ability to completely transform the look of your home, adding a metal roof to your Arizona home is a great option! Two options of metal roof, while they may seem similar yet very different, include corrugated metal and standing seam. Which is best for you and your home?
Corrugated Metal Roof
Commonly used as barn siding, corrugated metal has recently become a popular roofing material. These metal roofs are easily identified by their grooved look, hence why they are named “corrugated”. If you are seeking versatility and style all in the same material, corrugated metal may be a great option for your new roof.
Key Features & Advantages
- Protection – Of course, a roof is designed to protect your and your home from the Arizona weather. Over time, the extreme sun mixed with monsoons, high winds, and whatever else Mother Nature throws at us, breaks down the composition of your roof. A corrugated metal roof is designed to withstand the harsh climate conditions for several years.
- Customization – Available in several finishes, custom-fit sizes, and premium specialty finishes, a corrugated metal roof can be designed to fit your style. Whether you prefer a modern or traditional look, this roofing style will be sure to add curb appeal to your Arizona home.
- Low Maintenance – Corrugated metal roofs require little to no maintenance compared to other roofing materials. The expert design and high durability of these metal roofs make the maintenance minimal. Re-coating the panels and tightening any fasteners is the standard maintenance for this roofing style.
Aluminum Shingle Roof
An affordable roofing option for Arizona homeowners, aluminum shingles offer an aesthetically pleasing look that can match any home design. These shingles are made in a three-step creation process that offers several options for customization, including pattern or shape.
Aluminum shingle roofs are a popular roofing option because of their custom-make and design.
Key Features & Advantages
- Lightweight – Aluminum is a lightweight material and when shaped into roofing shingles, offers less stress on the structure of your home. When compared to other roofing materials, aluminum shingles provide a great solution if the weight of the roof is in question.
- Durability – Designed to be fire, wind, and impact resistant, aluminum provides incredible durability and protection for your home. Aluminum shingles are made to withstand the Arizona weather and can protect you and your home from all that is thrown at it.
- Added Efficiency – Containing reflective properties, aluminum shingles can divert the sun’s rays away from your home. This will help reduce your home’s energy usage and lower utility bills.
Education is Key
If you are considering a metal roof, be sure to educate yourself on all the different styles. Doing so will help you design a roof to match your style and provide the best protection for your home. Craven Construction is your East Valley, Arizona roofing expert. Contact our office to schedule a FREE estimate and to discuss your roofing options.
Is Your Home Ready For A Metal Roof?
About Craven Construction
Craven Construction is dedicated to providing our customers with honest and reliable roofing services. With over 16 years of residential and commercial experience, we are here to serve you and all of your roofing needs.
Our team of experienced roofers is licensed and knowledgeable in working with all types of roofing. We offer high quality roofing services and are capable of getting your project completed in a timely, efficient manner.