When it comes to putting a roof on your mobile home, you typically have three options: shingles, metal, or spray foam. Depending on your needs and budget, you may opt for one material over the other. We are going to review each of these materials to help you choose which will work best for your mobile home.
Consider Changing Your Pitch
While you are deciding between materials, installing a new roof on a mobile home is an opportunity to change the shape of the roof. If your roof is currently completely flat or has a slight pitch, you may consider installing a peaked roof with an overhang. This is a popular mobile home improvement project that is known to help with water runoff and increases the value and lifespan of the home.
Metal roofs are becoming extremely popular across America and are a great option for your mobile home. Installing a metal roof has its advantages:
- Lightweight materials are ideal for a mobile home.
- Durable to withstand the elements of the Arizona climate.
- Constructed from sustainable and recyclable materials, they are environmentally friendly.
- Add character and value to your mobile home with their varied shapes and colors.
Shingles are a favorite material for mobile home roofs mainly because they can be installed on just about every model. Also very popular because of the option of roofing over your existing shingle roof, if your mobile home has the structure to support this. Other advantages of a shingle roof include:
- Several colors and textures are available to compliment your home and add curb appeal.
- Increased value of your home for a relatively lower upfront cost.
- Life expectancy is up to 15 years.
If you have a flat roof for your mobile home, a spray foam is going to be one of your best options. Offering a seamless construction, your foam roof will prevent outside water and air from passing through to your home. You can also expect a foam roof to offer:
- Waterproofing layers to further resist penetration of water and vapors.
- Great insulation with thermal resistance which can result in energy savings.
- Lightweight material, which is great for the structure of your mobile home.
If you are considering a new roof for your mobile home, we highly recommend doing your research and consulting with a professional. Craven Construction is available for a FREE estimate on any of your mobile home roofing needs. Call our office at 602-399-4914 today to schedule an appointment!
Does your roof have sun damage?
About Craven Construction
Craven Construction is dedicated to providing our customers with honest and reliable roofing services. With over 16 years of residential and commercial experience, we are here to serve you and all of your roofing needs.
Our team of experienced roofers is licensed and knowledgeable in working with all types of roofing. We offer high quality roofing services and are capable of getting your project completed in a timely, efficient manner.