Are you considering a metal roof for your East Valley, Arizona home? If so, did you know there are several types of metal roofs to choose from? Two of the more popular options in Arizona are standing seam and stone coated. Each of these types of metal roofs come with their own unique features and advantages.
Let’s examine the two to help you better understand if one is better for your Arizona home over the other.
Standing Seam Metal Roof
A standing seam metal roof can be identified by its vertical legs and broad, flat area between the two legs. These roofs get their name because they are also described as having raised seams that are above the level of the panel’s flat area. If you are looking for a sleek and modern look for your Arizona home, a standing seam metal roof should definitely be considered as an option!
Standing Seam Metal Roof Key Features & Advantages:
- Hidden Fasteners – A standing seam metal roof can be fastened directly to the decking material or attached to the roof deck with no exposed screws. Doing so minimizes exposure to UV rays, moisture, wind and other elements that can cause wear and tear to the roof.
- Customizable Panels – When you choose a standing seam metal roof, you will have the opportunity to customize the panels to best suit your needs and style. Options for your panels include color, length & width, profile, shape, and thickness.
- Curb Appeal – The clean lines and modern look of a standing seam metal roof make them attractive to Arizona homeowners. Adding one to your home now will not only give your home a beautiful look, it will also add to the value of your home should you ever sell.
Stone Coated Metal Roof
Typically made from steel, this roofing style is then coated with stone chips. The look of a stone coated metal roof is a combination of classic slate, clay tiles, and shingles. A stone coated metal roof will give you the look of a premium roofing material without the premium cost. This is a great option for your Arizona home if you are seeking a classic look without breaking the bank.
Stone Coated Metal Roof Key Features & Advantages:
- Distinct Look – Stone coated metal roofs are available in a variety of designs and styles that add a distinct look and curb appeal to your home. The unique look of these panels will also keep your home looking fresh and attractive for years after it is installed.
- Lightweight – When most people think of “stone”, they do not typically relate it to being lightweight. However, stone coated metal is incredibly lightweight and can eliminate the need for added structural support.
- Home Protection – Arizona experiences different weather patterns throughout the year including monsoon season, a little bit of hail or snow, and a whole lot of sun. Your home’s first line of defense against the elements is your roof and stone coated metal offers incredible care.
Are you considering a metal roof?
About Craven Construction
Craven Construction is dedicated to providing our customers with honest and reliable roofing services. With over 16 years of residential and commercial experience, we are here to serve you and all of your roofing needs.
Our team of experienced roofers is licensed and knowledgeable in working with all types of roofing. We offer high quality roofing services and are capable of getting your project completed in a timely, efficient manner.