While your roof is built to withstand the elements, it is often difficult to predict what Mother Nature has in store. After heavy storms, it is particularly important to inspect your roof for damage. Always remember to be safe in doing so, using binoculars if needed or contacting a professional to complete an inspection. We have put together these top 5 indicators of storm damage to help you determine if your roof is in need of repair.
Top 5 Indicators of Storm Damage
- Missing Shingles or Tiles – Strong winds caused by a storm can catch the corner of shingles or cause tiles to be pulled from you roof. Missing shingles or tiles should be replaced immediately in order to avoid additional damage.
- Bruised or Dented Shingles – On shingle roofs, it is easier to spot bruised or dented shingles based on darks spots on the shingles. These are caused by roofing granules being knocked off. Another common indication of bruised or dented shingles is buildup of these granules at the end of your downspouts.
- Cracked or Broken Shingles or Tiles – After a storm, you should be able to inspect your roof from the ground and see any cracked or broken shingles and tiles. This is the safest way to assess any damage and a pair of binoculars makes it a bit easier.
- Leaks In Your Ceiling – A big indicator of storm damage to your roof that can be seen from the inside of your home is leakage. Noticeable by water circles on your ceiling or puddles on the floor, leaks can cause significant damage if left untouched. Be sure to locate the source of the leak and have it repaired as soon as possible.
- Dents on Vents – Thought it is less common in Arizona, hail can cause damage to your roof and vents. You should look for a distinct pattern of round-shaped divots on shingles and vents.
After a heavy storm, we recommend performing an in depth inspection of your roof and home. These are 5 indicators of storm damage for you to keep in mind as you are performing this inspection. Be sure you can perform the inspection in a safe manner. If you are in need of a professional to perform the inspection, contact Craven Construction today. We are happy to help!
Does your roof have rain damage?
About Craven Construction
Craven Construction is dedicated to providing our customers with honest and reliable roofing services. With over 16 years of residential and commercial experience, we are here to serve you and all of your roofing needs.
Our team of experienced roofers is licensed and knowledgeable in working with all types of roofing. We offer high quality roofing services and are capable of getting your project completed in a timely, efficient manner.